For municipal wastewater streams BioDAF approaches the problem from three dimensions: biological, physical, and chemical. This results in a highly efficient process that allows treated water to be reused for irrigation of green areas, cooling towers, industrial cleaning, etc.
The biological stage degrades dissolved organic matter. This is accomplished by using a full-stream treatment method with poly-microbes and high oxygen transfer.
The physical-chemical stage is performed by advanced clarification processes, which clarify water with an efficiency of up to 99% removal of suspended solids, fats, oils, hydrocarbons, etc.
Additional benefits of the BioDAF system include the elimination of a sludge thickening process, the elimination of tertiary filters (with the clarified water containing no more than 7 PPM TSS) and a reduction in bactericide usage.
Our efficiency is unmatched by conventional sedimentation methods, which do not remove fat, or biological processes that only use bacteria, which die or become vegetative when the pollutant loads vary.
Technologies and Process
The BioDAF Process is capable of treating municipal sewage water for re-use or safe discharge.
The system design includes all necessary steps to recover any desired byproducts and deliver treated water quality required to meet ANY regulation imposed by environmental authorities WORLDWIDE.
The process is ideal due to its small footprint and high treatment efficiency, specifically targeting municipal wastewater streams.
Minimum operational cost compared to other technologies in the market.
The BioDAF Complete Mix Activated Sludge process:
- Flow Regulation Tank: Regulates peak water inflows to system, as well as COD control.
- Biological Reactor: BOD reduction to as much as 98% efficiency, creating a Total Mix.
- Clarification Process: Removes significant TDS to < 1 NTU turbidity. Total clarification time less than 3 minutes.
- Disinfection: Final bacteria elimination. Safe discharge to environment.
- Sludge Handling: Sludge discharged by the system can safely be used as compost.